If you have an emergency-maintenance need outside of our regular working hours, call our office at 734-971-9270 to be connected with our after-hours maintenance service. You will be asked to describe your situation, and the operator will connect you with someone from our maintenance staff for further instructions. As with other maintenance requests, if an emergency is determined to be caused by member neglect or misuse, a fee will be charged.
Naturally, we want our maintenance staff to get plenty of time to rest and relax with loved ones during their evenings, weekends, and holidays, so please do not contact any of them directly. And please remember that this service is not for routine maintenance. For non-urgent maintenance requests, please call our office during our regular working hours, or place your request online at any time using our Maintenance Request Portal .*
Please note, that the following situations are considered to be emergencies:
- Inability to lock or close windows or exterior doors
- No electrical power to part of your townhouse.
- No electrical power to all of your townhouse. In this case, call DTE Energy at 1-800-947-5000
- No power to Cooperative-owned stove (one burner out is not an emergency)
- Water system leaks that if left until the next working day will cause structural damage or destruction to member's personal possessions
- Toilet not working in one-bath units (if one toilet is working, in a two-bathroom unit it is not an emergency)
- Catastrophic emergency (e.g. fire, explosion) Call 911 first
- Sewer back-up
- Furnace not working in temperatures below 60 degrees
- Gas leaks (you can detect gas odor) Gas leaks should be reported immediately to DTE Energy at 1-800-947-5000
- Water heater not working
- A broken window that is a safety or security problem
- Frozen pipes
- Any item left outside a unit that constitutes a clear and present danger to individuals, animals, or property, including (but not limited to) flammable liquids, pyrotechnics, toxic chemicals, or weapons.
- Emergency towing under the following conditions:
- The vehicle is parked in a fire lane
- The vehicle is parked within 15' of a fire hydrant
- The vehicle is parked in such a manner as to create a public hazard or to obstruct pedestrian or vehicular traffic
*If you are a member, and you have not yet received an email to create your online maintenance-portal account, please contact the office.