- HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
- Your membership fee will depend on the size of the unit you choose. Your monthly charges will also include gas, heating, and water. You pay for your own electricity, telephone, and cable.
- ARE THERE INCOME GUIDELINES?
- Yes, please see the Minimum and Maximum Income Guidelines information page for current rates and income requirements.
- CAN I PREAUTHORIZE PAYMENT FOR MY MONTHLY CHARGES THROUGH ACH (AUTOMATED CLEARING HOUSE)?
- Yes, please complete and return this Authorization Agreement for Preauthorized Payments form, and return it to the office.
- IS FOREST HILLS OWNED BY THE GOVERNMENT?
- NO! Forest Hills is owned and operated by the Cooperative members/residents who elect a volunteer Board of Directors. It is the Board's responsibility to hire effective management to carry out the day-to-day functions involved in running a cooperative of this size. The Board's main responsibility is to set and carry out policies. They are the decision-making body of the cooperative.
- Forest Hills is an integrated community in which families of diverse economic and cultural backgrounds live in friendship and harmony. We are a community of people seeking alternatives to the often-disappointing landlord/tenant relationship.
- DO I GET MY MONEY BACK WHEN I MOVE OUT?
- Upon the sale of your membership, the full down-payment/membership-fee is returned, less a resale-fee or processing-fee, and any outstanding debts to the Cooperative.
- MAY I BRING MY PET?
- Pets are welcome at no extra charge, although dogs and cats must be registered with the office and will be required to have all necessary shots and licenses. Members are required to observe our Pet Rules and Regulations , which will be provided during the application process. Aggressive animals that threaten our community—regardless of breed or species—are not allowed.
- ARE THERE OTHER ADVANTAGES OF COOPERATIVE LIVING?
- As a cooperative member, you are encouraged to think of your townhouse as your home. Naturally, you are expected to take care of minor upkeep and repairs yourself. Major repairs, as well as lawn care and snow removal, are handled by an on-site maintenance department.
- HOW DO I APPLY?
- Applications are available at our office, or you can download a Membership Application here. Return the completed application with the necessary documents and a check or money order for the current application/processing fee. The fee is required and is NON-REFUNDABLE.
If you have additional questions about becoming a member of Forest Hills Cooperative, we will be happy to answer them. The concept of cooperative housing is new to many people, and we welcome the opportunity to help you learn more!