Changing Your Filter
In an effort to keep our community safe during this pandemic, members are expected to replace their own furnace filters. The process is very simple, but if you need help, have questions, or are unable to replace the filter, please don't hesitate to contact the office at 734-971-9270.
If the filter is not changed, or if the cold-air returns in your home are blocked, your furnace will stop working. In either of these cases, members will be expected to cover the cost of repairs—anywhere from $200 to $2,300, depending on the error code displayed on the malfunctioning furnace.
But, that doesn't need to happen! Changing your furnace filter is quick and easy. Just follow these steps:
- 1. Slide the old filter out from its place between the furnace and the air duct trunk.
- 2. If you notice the old filter is damaged or bent out of shape (concave), please call the office.
- 3. Find the arrow on the edge of the new filter.
- 4. Slide the new filter into the space where the old filter was, making sure the arrow is pointing toward the furnace and away from the air-duct trunk that pushes the warmed or cooled air through your unit.
- 5. Dispose of the old filter in your trash.