While trash and recycling collection is not currently impacted, trash and recyclables do have to be inside the receptacle for pick up. Please be sure to properly dispose of your trash and recyclables inside the containers, and wash your hands after taking the trash outside.
Disposal of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment, such as masks and gloves)
Face masks, gloves, tissues, paper towels, napkins, toilet paper, wipes, diapers, and bed liners are NOT recyclable. Please discard these items into a plastic trash bag that is securely tied shut, and safely dispose of it in a TRASH curb-cart or dumpster. Wash your hands well, immediately after touching any used PPE. Be careful not to touch your face while removing your mask or gloves.
DO NOT throw used PPE on the ground. Cloth masks can be washed and worn again.
Face Mask Do's and Dont'sDO
- Make sure you can breathe through your face mask
- Wear a mask whenever going out in public
- Make sure your mask covers your nose and mouth
- Wash your mask after using
- Do not use a mask on children under 2 years of age
- Do not use surgical masks intended for healthcare workers
- Do not use a mask if you have a medical condition that doesn’t allow you to wear one.
Please review our downloadable and printable How To Safely Throw Away Used PPE (personal protective equipment) fact sheet.